Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 21:32:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Smooth upgrade to 2.0.5 from latest SNAP - HOW ?

Uh -oh....

On Wed, 31 May 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > 	Will the ususal scheme with untarring bin/kernel src/recompiling
> > 	play as it used to be ?
>
> Erm..  No. :-(
>
> > 	Are there any significant changes in the FS formats ( I've heard
> > 	about table of bad blocks - is this new ? Will the old FS work
> > 	in this case ? )...
>
> It will work, but you will get warnings spewed at you every time you
> boot up.  We went to a new "Slices" paradigm (where's that slice.doc,
> Poul & Bruce?? :-) which has made laying down your partitions again
> a pretty good idea!

	arg, i am still running the march snap ( the bad ld.so one )
i thought that the fs was static by then. This is not the case? reinstall
from scratch? no preserve? bummer!

> Backups! :-)

	i know, but, ... oh well, done it before, do it again...

> 						Jordan

 John Utz	spaz@stein.u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life