Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 23:41:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Chris Layne <coredump@nervosa.vendetta.com>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Strange behavior for a Compaq Deskpro with 2.2-960801-SNAP

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Chris Layne wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Aug 1996 sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:
>
> > Hi, I installed 2.2-960801-SNAP on a Compaq Deskpro 5100. There are
> > a few strange things happening that I thought I'd ask about:
> >
> > 1. The machine has 24 MBytes of memory, but only 16 are recognized
> > by FreeBSD. (The BIOS finds the full 24 MBytes on powerup.)
>
> Read the damn FAQ! How many times must we answer this same question over
> and over and over. Read the documentation, and if that doesn't solve your
> problem, THAN ask us.

Chris, if you can't politely answer questions here, maybe you ought to
defer to others, or maybe ask the person to use the FreeBSD-Questions
list (which he should have done).  Jumping on someone because they asked a
perfectly reasonable question (had it been sent to -questions) isn't going
to help anything, not even reduce the signal/noise ratio here.

Remember, be polite (even if the question was driving everyone crazy).

> == Chris Layne ======================================== Nervosa Computing ==
> == coredump@nervosa.vendetta.com == http://nervosa.vendetta.com/~coredump ==

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |