Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:36:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Blake Michalak <blake@sba.miami.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   trouble with Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter

Greetings

I have had a P2 system up for months with the following SCSI card
Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter at irq 9 at device 6.0 on pci0

Everything has been working fine for months.

Last night I added a 3Com 3c905B-TX Fast Etherlink XL 100baseT card
which also lives on irq 9 at device 12.0 on pci0

Now once in a while I keep getting these random kernel errors from
the SCSI card

here is the output from dmesg...

ahc0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x7
ahc0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
ahc0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x9
ahc0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
ahc0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x9
ahc0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
ahc0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x8
ahc0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
ahc0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x9
ahc0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase

CAn anybody explain to me what this means and what I can do to
correct this error?

-Adam