Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:03:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Christopher W. Banek" <unixboy@imsa.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Page Fault Problems with SMP kernel in 3.2-RELEASE

Hi.  I am a a bit new to FreeBSD, came over from linux, but here is what
is happening.  I installed 3.2-RELEASE and everything went fine.  I
compilied an SMP kernel and now it page faults when ever I am doing
something system intensive.  It happens during configure scripts, but not
when I do a make.  But if I do a make -j2, it crashes quickly.

Oh yeah, I have a GA-686LX2 with Dual PII/333 and 128MB of Ram.

Here is the exact error message.

mp_lock = 01000002; cpuid=1; lapic.id=01000000
fault virtual address     = 0x2b
fault code                = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer       = 0x8:0xc01cb3ab
stack pointer  		  = 0x10:0xc4a41e40
frame pointer		  = 0x10:0xc4a41e4c
code segment		  = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type ox1b
		 	  = DPL 0, pres1, def32, gran 1
processor eflags	  - interrupt enabled, resume,IOPL =  0
current process		  = 2800 (sh)
inturrupt mask		  = net tty bio cam <- SMP: XXX
trap number		  = 12
panic: page fault
mp_lock = 01000002; cpuid = 1; lapic.id = 01000000
boot() called on cpu#1

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Christopher Banek