Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:14:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        "Hansen, Preben" <Preben.Hansen@voicestream.com>
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation question

Well you haven't given us much to go on.  What hardware are you installing
this on?  Do you get any errors during the install?  How did you set up
your disk partitions?  If you set those up incorrectly, there is nothing
FreeBSD can do.  If you get any error messages we need ot know exactly
what they are.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Hansen, Preben wrote:

> I have resently invested in the FreeBSD 4.0 powerpack. But I cannot install
> it.
> I never get past the F? prombt (I have already installed Win98se).
> I did go through the FAQ to find a solution. I tried to do as it is
> described in "Which geometry should I use for a disk drive".
> Unfortunately I end up with 2549 cylinders for my 20G IDE harddisk. This is
> the lowest amount of cylinders I can set.

why would you want less than 2549 cylinders?  My 30GB hd reports
cylinders: 21316 in FreeBSD.

> And I can still not get past the
> F? prombt.
>
> Can it really be true that I can't run FreeBSD from my 20GB harddisk.

Not likely.  Depends on your hardware.

> If so why doesn't it say so on the "Power Pack" package ?
> Please respond ASAP. I have already been asking this question several times,
> without getting an answer.
>
> Please send cc to pjbh1@home.com
>
> Best regards,
> Preben Hansen

	So send us back some more detailed info on the problem and maybe
we can help you out.

						Tim