Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:52:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        Gregory Keefe <keefeg@keefeg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Softupdates

IMHO, all file systems lie. When you write a piece of data to it, it holds
it without committing to disk immediately. The purpose is to improve
performance.  You can always request synchronous I/O, but that will be a
nightmare for performance.  Anyway, how often does we have a power
failure?

-Zhihui