Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:49:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Jacques Hugo <jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting a goddamn cd!!

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Jacques Hugo wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Short and sweet:
>
> dmesg:
> (ahc0:5:0): "PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-20TS 1.00" type 5 removable SCSI 2
> cd0(ahc0:5:0): CD-ROM can't get the size
>
> Q: What does "CD-ROM can't get the size" mean?
>
> $bash#mount -r /dev/cd0c /mnt
> /dev/cd0c on /mnt: Incorrect super block.
>
> $bash#mount -r /dev/cd0a /mnt
> /dev/cd0a on /mnt: Incorrect super block.

Hi,

	Either device will work.  The problem is you need to tell it what
kind of filesystem is on the device.  You can either add the -t flag or
use the specialized evxternal mount command that is indirectly invoked.

    Try:
	mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom
    or
	mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom

	If you expect to be mounting different CD's regularly, you might
want to consider adding an entry to your fstab usign the noauto option.
Here's what I have in mine:

/dev/cd0a                       /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto 0     0

	This allows me to use just "mount /cdrom", because the other
options are found in the fstab file.

cheers,

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,