Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:08:23 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make core dumps while building libf2c

On Sun, 16 Jun 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> Michael Hancock stands accused of saying:
> >
> > More info.
> >
> > make libraries works but make world keeps core dumping.  I'm doing the
> > following:
>
> Sounds like hardware to me.  I ran a number of 'world's over the weekend
> with no problems here.  (Starting with 960501-SNAP as a base)

I started with the same base.

I have a Neptune MB with 32MB of parity memory.  Neptune is slow but
stable as far as I know.  The SCSI is an ncr53c815 pci adapter.

All of the following combinations work:

make obj depend all install
make include-tools
make includes
make lib-tools
make libraries

But make world always stops at the same place building the libf2c shared
library.

-mh