Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Mark Evans <mevans@ecsnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cc1 Internal error signal 4

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Mark Evans wrote:
> I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a Cyrix P200+, 32meg RAM, ASUS P55T2P4
> main board using both the onboard IDE and a Tekram 390 SCSI Adapter.
>
> I have an occasional problem, where after booting the system many of the
> system program seg fault (lpd, bash, etc).  Other times, the system boots
> fine.  Also, sometimes when trying to compile a new kernel, or anything
> for that matter, I get cc1 internal error signal 4 errors.  Other times,

Signal 4 is SIGILL, illegal instruction.  man signal for future
reference.

It seems the consensus around here is to avoid the Cyrix chips.
See if you can trade it in on an AMD or Intel.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com