Date:      Mon, 05 May 2003 21:00:03 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        meimi_1@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Add IP address to server

>On 5 May 2003 21:22:28 "meimi" <meimi_1@hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>Hello,
>   I am new to FreeBSD and it is my first email to this list.
>  Here is my question:
>   My provider assigned some IPs to my server. How should I add them all to
>my server? Please tell me as detail as possible, > since I don't know much
>now.
>Thanks
>meimi

Hi Meimi,

First off, welcome to freebsd. I'm sure you'll like it. (once you get all
the little things ironed out...)

Secondly, this particular list isn't really for answering/asking questions;
you should re-post this question to freebsd-questions. All technical
questions, no matter how newbie, go to -questions. (You'll find a lot more
knowledgeable people there too.) This list is more just for newbies to chat
about experiences with freebsd, etc. (Don't worry though, you're not the
first person to post a question here... it's a common mistake.)

Before sending, you might edit your post to contain a little more
information regarding your specific net. layout, since you are asking for
specific advice. (i.e. are you using a single IP for the outgoing end of
your server? How does your subnet look? are you using a router, or having
the server route using multiple NICs?)

You may just need to configure NAT, but, I'm too much of a newbie to be
sure.

Peace, and good luck,
Clayton