Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:17:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Colin <cwass99@home.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "Marinos J . Yannikos" <mjy@pobox.com>, nino@inode.at
Subject:   Re: routing bug(?) persists (PR 16318)

     What you're doing here is generally referred to as multi-netting.  When
you're wandering through the references, use that as a starting point.
Multi-netting is certainly valid, when implemented correctly.  I would
definately echo the sentiment elsewhere in this thread that you and your
ISP are using a broken implementation, and I honestly see no reason that what
you're doing should work at all.  Effectively you're telling your system that
the way to connect to networks that it's address is not part of is to send a
message to a host that is on a network it's address is not part of.  It's a
networking catch-22 ;)  Either you or your ISP needs to alias the adapter on
this set of subnets, and if you're not the only person on this multi-netted
section, it really should be them.
     This is definately a routing bug, but it's in Win and Linux if they alloow
this with no error.

Cheers,
Colin