Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:16:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Harkirat Singh <singh@pdx.edu>
Cc:        uwi@delfi.lv, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE

On 14-Apr-01 Harkirat Singh wrote:

> I guess that my message was not clear that's why I am posting it once
> again...
>

>  Dear Friends:
>
>      Hello!
>
>       I have a laptop running with subject mentioned release, I wanted
> to get some files using "/stand/sysintall"(which got failed and hence I am
> in this news group).
>
> I guess that none of the mirroe sites and even parent
> site supports this release, because I was getting a warning message!
>
> Is there any way to get system files for FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE from any ftp
> site, **I have tried ftp.freebsd.org and all the other alternative sites
> **, as I said above I was getting warning that this site does'nt support
> the requested release, try some other freebsd site**.

When in /stand/sysinstall, goto the Options menu and enter 3.x-STABLE instead of
3.2-RELEASE. Now you should be able to get packages and stuff working.

Another way to deal with this is to cvsup your sources to 3.x-STABLE and
rebuilding your system. Unless of course you are willing to do a complete new
install.

Exactly which 'system files' do you need?