Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:39:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Argh!  They've changed the names of the GNOME ports again!

Could we *please* settle on a naming convention for GNOME packages and then
stick with it?

I noticed right after 4.6-RELEASE came out that all the GNOME packages in
the ports tree were renamed again, from pkgname-gtk-gnome to pkgname-gtk.
Now I have to see this every time I do a portupgrade -a:

** Package name changed from 'gnomemm-gtk-gnome' (x11-toolkits/gnome--) to
'gnomemm-gtk' (x11-toolkits/gnome--).
** No need to upgrade 'gnomemm-gtk-gnome-1.2.2' (>= gnomemm-gtk-1.2.2).
(specify -f to force)
** Package name changed from 'panelmm-gtk-gnome' (x11-toolkits/panel--) to
'panelmm-gtk' (x11-toolkits/panel--).

etc, etc, etc.

Most annoying.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>

"By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began
to suspect 'Hungry' ..."
                -- Gary Larson, "The Far Side"