Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:48:42 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   matlab users - workaround for exit problem

Hi

I've been doing a bit of digging on the problem with matlab hanging on
exit. It appears to be related to the Java Virtual Machine. If you
do not use the desktop or matlab IDE, then starting matlab with -nojvm
allows clean exits. You do not need a fake /dev/ptmx either. I am
using R12.1 but people with R12 have seen this.

I am doing some more digging to try and trace the real problem.

See the thread "TIOCSCTTY not implemented in linuxulator" for more info.

Duncan

PS. Please keep me on CC: list as I am not subscribed.