Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:27:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xmodmap & win95 keys

I recently received the *following* instructions for reversing CapsLock and
Control on my keyboard within X.  That's great, but I'd also like to configure a
Control key for my right hand.  There are three (absolutely unused!) Windows 95
keys on my laptop.  Two, on either side of my spacebar, are "moving windows",
and a third, on the right side of my spacebar, is a "startup button" key.

Anyone know how to specify and reconfigure these windows95 keys in a xmodmap
command?
>>>reversing CapsLock and Control<<<

create a file (I call mine .modmap) which contains:

!
! Swap Caps_Lock and Control_L
!
remove Lock = Caps_Lock