Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 19:19:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net>
To:        "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 2.2.2R and XIG CDE

On 13-Aug-97 M. L. Dodson wrote:
>Does anyone have XIG's CDE running on 2.2 of any flavor?
>I can't get it to work and XIG's tech support doesn't seem
>to be able to diagnose the problem (at least judging from
>their lack of response).  Right now I'm just interested in
>finding out whether this is a general problem or localized
>to my configuration.
>
>(Yes, I've read their FAQ.  Yes, my networking is OK,
>including routing.  Yes, the portmapper is working.  Yes,
>despite all these I'm having ToolTalk problems.)
>
>If you have it running, I'd like to open an email
>conversation on the details of my problem, if you
>don't mind.  I can summarize for the list later.

Did you use the XiG Accelerated-X Server? (I do).

And you have to expand the ldsearchpath in your /etc/rc.conf with
/usr/dt/lib

(xcuse the novice-instructions, but sometimes we could forget something :-)

>TIA,
>Bud Dodson
>
>--
>M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
>409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790

Hope that helps, for further questions - mail me!

E-Mail: Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net>
Date: 13-Aug-97
Time: 19:19:08

This message was sent by XFMail