Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 09:47:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole <freelist@webweaver.net>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Gigabit FreeBSD

 Hello all
 I realize that this is only about 1/2 advocacy, but...

  I have been playing with a Packet Engines Gigabit Ethernet hub and ethernet ca
rds that have drivers for FreeBSD. (third party) I want to write up an article/p
aper on my testing highlighting FreeBSD. So far I have tested transfering files
via mv and ftping, (so far I have reached 15.6MB/s via ncftp) and I have planned
 some NFS tests. However I would like to know what tests would best show off Fr
eeBSD and the Gigbit ethernet.

 I think that this writeup could help a great deal in showing FreeBSD as a Real
World, we can play with the Big Toys OS. However I would like to know what tests
 would best show off FreeBSD and the Gigbit ethernet.

 You can find the equipment at  www.packetengines.com

 All sugestions welcome

  Thanks

    Nicole