Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:09:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Hauer <dh@enter.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X question

Hi,
  Quick question., I'm no "X" expert. When I open an xterm, and then su to
root in it to run an app as root, (cvsup for example) I get an "unable to open
display localhost:0" error message. What have I missed?
System info:
Pentium 166 90MB ram
ATI graphics card
Xfree 3.3.3
2.2.8-RELEASE
Windowmaker 0.23

Regards,
Daniel Hauer.
http://www.enter.net  "The Road To The Internet Starts There!"
Windoze is for GAMES, UNIX is for the rest of us.
UNIX is like the sights on a loaded gun. If you aim the gun
at your foot and pull the trigger, it is the basic function of
UNIX to accurately deliver the bullet from the gun to the
target. In this case, it's your foot.