Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 1999 12:13:26 +0100 (CET)
From:      Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel panic with i4b-0.83 and ppp (rawchannel) under 3.3-RELEASE

Hello!

After my upgrade from 3.2-RELEASE to 3.3-RELEASE my machine panics (page fault)
while isdn activity after 5 to 15 minutes uptime.

I use i4b-0.83, ppp-991025 and Fritz! PCI under 3.3-RELEASE.

Thirst I thought it is an memory problem, and I changed the whole mainboard and
memory with another, but the panics still occure while i4b is activ. There is no
such problem when no one is using the i4b devices or isdnd is not running. I use
ppp on the same machine with an analog modem without no problem.

Because the change of the mainboard and memory was not succesful I checked the disk
drive for bad blocks in the swap area, but I found no failure. So I tried to install
i4b and ppp on a completly different machine with a complete different hardware except the
Fritz! PCI. (this machine was also upgraded from 3.2-RELEASE to 3.3-RELEASE)

With all comibinations I have the same troubles. The kernel panics soon while isdn
activity. Sometimes after the first connect, sometimes after the second or third.
I have no uptimes longer then 1/2 hour while i4b is in use.

Does anybody experienced similar?

I have not found something strange in messages, isdnd.log or isdntrace.

cu

/\/\ichael Ranner - Michael Ranner <Michael.Ranner@netway.at>
Michael.Ranner@netway.at - webmaster@mariazell.org
        Homepage: http://www.netlounge.at/mranner/