Date:      11 Sep 2002 08:10:30 -0400
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to change origin of an installed port? (e.g. Mozilla)

I use a daily supped CVS tree and the portupgrade to keep installed
packages fresh on my machine.  With the recent restraction of the port
version of www/mozilla from "1.1" to "1.0", the portupgrade now seeks to
"update" my mozilla from "1.1,1" to "1.0.x" as was recently covered in a
HEADS UP.

I wish to keep the "1.1" Mozilla around (it seems to work fine), but not to
rebuild it from ports. What was suggested is that I change the origin of my
installed port from "www/mozilla" to "www/mozilla-devel".  After poking
around a bit in the source, and reading the docs I can find no obvious
(i.e. quasi documented) manner of doing this.  The one guess I
made--editing my '/var/db/pkg/mozilla-1.1,1/+CONTENTS' file and rebuilding
via pkgdb--did not work.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to changing the origin of an
installed port?

--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."