Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:02:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Circumstance leading up to removal of perl from base?

Hello all,

I know it was a long time ago, but I was talking with a co-worker about
why perl was removed from the base in v5 -- I seem to recall a discussion
on some mailing list about either the number of arguments or the format of
the arguments and/or output of a base perl function having changed between
5.005 and 5.6.1.

Thing is, that's a very vague thing to try to google for, and I can't seem
to find it.  Are there any old-timers who remember the system call in
question?

Please let me know,

-Dan Mahoney