Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2011 09:58:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Julien Laffaye <jlaffaye@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap@gmx.de>, rotkap@gmx.de, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xf86-video-ati 6.14.0 crashes System

---902635197-1155323154-1298825916=:27863

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Julien Laffaye wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Heino Tiedemann
> <rotkaps_spam_trap@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi There,
>>
>> after update tu the new xorg on my FreeBSD8 my system crashes all time
>> I start X.
>>
>> There is no mouse responding (no light in the mouse), the screen turns
>> black and the system is not respondig by keybord.
>>
>> There is only a way out by hard-reset.
>>
>> The advice in UPDATING makes no fifference:
>>
>>     "Section "Device""
>>       Option "int10" "on"
>>       Option "BusType" "PCIE"
>>       Option "RenderAccel" "on"
>>       Option "AccelMethod" "exa"
>>       Option "DynamicPM" "on"
>>       Option "DRI" "on"

Most of these are defaults.  A Radeon 9600XT probably isn't PCIE, so
definitely leave that out, or if necessary, set to the appropriate bus.

> FYI, I had the same problem. Try to update your ports tree and rebuild
> the driver to see if it fix the problem. (some files were commited
> after the big xorg commit because they were forgotten). If you built
> your video driver without the patches, it may be the origin of your
> problem.

In particular, there should be three patches in the files directory of
the port:

patch-src-atombios_output.c
patch-src-radeon_driver.c
patch-src-radeon_output.c
---902635197-1155323154-1298825916=:27863--