Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:36:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: pmap_insert_pt_page: pindex already inserted (r245473)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> I've just gotten this panic on a -CURRENT (r245473):
>

> freebsd10-zfs dumped core - see /var/crash/vmcore.0
>
> Tue Jan 15 20:32:15 CST 2013
>
> FreeBSD freebsd10-zfs 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #2 r245473: Tue Jan
> 15 19:45:27 CST 2013     root@freebsd10-zfs:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BORG-DTRACE
> amd64
>
> panic: pmap_insert_pt_page: pindex already inserted
I just got the same panic on a 9.1-STABLE VM on the same host:

freebsd9-zfs dumped core - see /var/crash/vmcore.2

Thu Jan 17 09:24:46 CST 2013

FreeBSD freebsd9-zfs 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #0 r245459: Thu Jan 17 04:18:43 CST 2013     root@freebsd9-zfs:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

panic: pmap_insert_pt_page: pindex already inserted

GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "amd64-marcel-freebsd"...

Unread portion of the kernel message buffer:
panic: pmap_insert_pt_page: pindex already inserted
cpuid = 1
KDB: stack backtrace:

Anyone want to help me look at these?

I have both the -CURRENT and 9.1-STABLE cores available, and can provide
SSH access to both VM's and the host.

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893