Date:      Sun, 27 May 2007 17:35:36 +0800
From:      "Daniel Marsh" <jahilliya@gmail.com>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>, apatewna@yahoo.gr, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Anish Mistry <amistry@am-productions.biz>
Subject:   Re: freebsd network fax server?

On 5/27/07, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> The problem with the printserver routine is you have no way to
> specify the recipient fax number.  Emailing the fax to the hylafax
> server is the way to go.
>
> Ted

I currently use Hylafax on a FreeBSD server to send and receive faxes, when
receiving it sends it to a different person specified on the fax number the=
received it on.
To send faxes I've tried several different solutions, one was a printer
shared via samba/cups (smbfax) this would look in the produced postscript
for a line "Fax-nr: 993848210" and send the fax to that number, this is
great if you use fax coversheets in word, another as an e-mail receiver, bu=
the most successful I've tried is installing a driver on each machine
separately that prompts you for a fax number and allows you to save an
address book when sending faxes (winprint hylafax).

Regardless of my experience with these, the best place to find software tha=
you could make use of as a client is listed at:
http://www.hylafax.org/content/Desktop_Client_Software

I have found the hylafax handbook on par with the FreeBSD handbook with
clarity, readability and a bloody excellent source of information on how to
implement servers and clients.

Thanks
Daniel