Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:38:19 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unusual sound problems

Josh Tolbert <hemi@just.puresimplicity.net> wrote:

> 	I'm having an unusual and annoying problem with my Alpha. The machine
> is a PC164LX, 533MHz 21164A, 1G RAM (4x Crucial CT32M72S4D7E), [...]
> Sound comes from an SB Vibra16 in the ISA slot closest to the PCI
> slots. I think my problem involves the sound card.

I have a PC164 with an ISA Vibra16C, 5-CURRENT.  I haven't tried
anything really stressful (e.g. fullduplex use for telephony), but
normal sound playback works just fine.  Any stuttering is clearly
related to competing CPU or disk usage.  I'm usually playing sound
through esd, which probably doesn't help.

All local disk is on SCSI, sym(4).