Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2007 04:54:36 +0200
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Antonio_=C9vora?=" <el.nadow@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems for running Xorg 7.2 from scratch

Hi

I have installed FreeBSD 6.2, Xfce 4.4 and GDM  from scratch using the
ports so they have also installed a lot of xorg programs, but after
setting muy xorg.conf file, when I do 'startx' it just shows me this

xee144f5ef170fabd7071200d36ce3ee7: not found
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/nadow/.serverauth.868
xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name ":0" in "add" command
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/nadow/.Xauthority
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name ":0" in "list" command
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/nadow/.Xauthority
xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name ":0" in "add" command
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/nadow/.Xauthority
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name ":0" in "list" command
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/nadow/.Xauthority
xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name ":0" in "add" command

xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  no server "X" in PATH

Use the -- option, or make sure that /usr/local/bin is in your path and
that "X" is a program or a link to the right type of server
for your display.  Possible server names include:

   Xorg        Common X server for most displays
   Xvfb        Virtual frame buffer
   Xnest       X server nested in a window on another X server
   Xephyr      kdrive-based nested X server

giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 61):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/nadow/.Xauthority
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name ":0" in "remove" command
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name ":0" in "remove" command

Basically it seems that it cant found /usr/local/bin/X because in fact
it doesnt exist. I would like to know which port/s do I have to
install for avoiding the meta port of xorg 7.2 which would install a
lot of things that I really dont need...But I also ask you... when I
installed XFCE and GDM, Shouldnt have their dependencies already
installed the basics of xorg so I could run the X?

Thanks for your time