Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:27:41 -0500
From:      Timothy Luoma <lists@tntluoma.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   1st security warning: "installed zlib version may contain a security bug"

I was trying to configure && make 'clamav-0.81' when it complained
about this:

configure: error: The installed zlib version may contain a security
bug. Please upgrade to 1.2.2 or later: http://www.zlib.net. You can
omit this check with --disable-zlib-vcheck but DO NOT REPORT any
stablility issues then!

I went to zlib.net, downloaded 1.2.2, did './configure && make install
clean'

Is that all I need to do?  This is my first "security warning" so I
want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Is there a good "What newbies need to know about FreeBSD security" out
there?

TjL