Date:      Sun, 10 May 2015 18:46:49 +0530
From:      Tinker <tinkr@openmailbox.org>
To:        Neel Natu <neelnatu@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is the BHyVe guest as suitable for high-performance disk IO as the =?UTF-8?Q?host=3F?=

Hi Neel,

Thank you very much for your response -

That's great!

I guess this should deliver the full capacity for basically any IO
system around, be it a fast SSD or ramdisk. (Since the guest may not
need to flush data immediately to the host, I guess read performance is
the more sensitive point.)

Which disk emulation mode is best for a BSD guest, "virtio-blk" or
"ahci-hd"?

In general, should any other consideration be made for performance
(using the "direct" or "nocache" BHyVe configuration options, particular
consideration for proper sector alignment when using a disk image stored
on the host's SSD-based ZFS, mounting the host ZFS filesystem with
"noatime")?

Kind regards,
Tinker