Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 15:16:05 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        croot@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de
Cc:        erewan@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help

> In this situation you have 3 choices:
> 1) more RAM
> 2) wait for the upcoming 2.1.5-Release ( in a few days )
> 3) Install the latest 2.1-SNAP ( it includes a boot4-floppy)

It might be worth mentioning that the 2.1-SNAP boot floppy allows you
to select the version of the operating system you wish to install, so
you can still install 2.1.0-RELEASE from it.

> P.S.: In every case: every serious FreeBSD with 4 MB of ram
>       will be nearly unusable ( only my $0.02)

It will certainly struggle to run X or compile programs, but is
probably acceptable for a very basic Unix box. I used to have an 8MB
machine and found it perfectly useable in text-mode.

Who knows, maybe he wants to use it as a dedicated router or
a dumb terminal? :-)

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk