Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:12:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        rivers@dignus.com (Thomas David Rivers), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: another ufs panic..

:Well, unfortunately I don't keep partitions with 128MB free* in them
:so savecore has a problem when it comes to creating something from
:which I can get a backtrace from (I hadn't configured the kernel for
:ddb yet as it is still pretty much just GENERIC 2.2.8).
:
:FWIW, details:
:2*200MMX, 128MB RAM, 2940UW, sd0=2GB, sd1=ZIP, sd2=9.1GB (Freebsd is
:going here in a smaller partition), wd0=6.4GB (where freebsd is coming from).
:Problems occured copying from wd0 to sd2.  The disklabel for sd2 appears
:fine.  In both cases freebsd is just a partition amongst others.
:
:the most recent panic was:
:panic: blkfree: freeing free frag
:
:If panic messages were logged by syslogd I'd have the previous ones too.
:
:Darren

    A bug was fixed about a month ago, -r1.200 kern/vfs_bio.c, that should
    solve the problem.  It is in all branches including 2_2, but it missed
    the 2.2.8 release.

    I suggest getting the pain over with and upgrading to -stable ( 3.x ).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>