Date:      Fri, 09 Apr 1999 00:54:48 -0700
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Divorce

At 07:18 PM 4/8/99 -0600, ML Duke wrote:
>Corel Word Perfect Personal Edition 8 for Linux took me over the final
>hurdle. For $57 shipping and book included--well, not much of a book but
>there is print on the pages--this reasonably powerful program that is
>better than wordcrap will save files in many formats including those
>requiring the dreaded "DOC".

And if you don't need the book, Word Perfect is free (with registration).
And the ports collection will install the latest version (as opposed to the
StarOffice
3.1-hey-the-rel-notes-for-this-say-they're-trying-to-get-a-new-version-out-b
efore-august-1997-hmmm-that-was-a-while-ago).

Since I mainly use the computer for the internet, word processing, and
programming and need WinNT compatibility on docs, Word Perfect was vital  :)