Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:10:35 -0800
From:      Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
To:        <bwoods2@uswest.net>, <cjclark@home.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: switching between connected/disconnected operation?

These are a beginning, they reconfigure the network link. However,
enabling/disabling/reconfiguring other services (nfs, amd, sshd, xntpd,
inetd, nis, etc) is more complicated - hence my question.

I've found some packages for Linux (netenv and divine, no FreeBSD ports for
both of them); however, what they do is probe the net at boot time to
configure things - I'd like something that can reconfigure stuff on the fly
without rebooting (in addition to doing it at boot time).

> I have done EXACTLY this....I use a few scripts called:
>
> 1) Worklan
>
> ifconfig ep0 inet 63.227.213.90 netmask 255.255.255.248
> ifconfig ep0 up
> route add default 63.227.213.94
> ifconfig -a
>

> 2) Homelan
>
> ifconfig ep0 inet 63.227.213.90 netmask 255.255.255.248
> ifconfig ep0 up
> route add default 205.147.64.44
> ifconfig -a
>

> 3) Dialup
>
> ppp -auto cybcon
>

> I put these scripts in /usr/local/sbin, made them executable. Now, when I boot
> I use the script I want depending on where I am. Also, need to be root to run
> these.

chown root && chmod a+s - be sure you understand the security implications
of setting the sticky bit.

Lars