Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:58:23 -0500
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   help /etc/make.conf for first buildworld

I'm getting ready for my first buildworld. The
handbook indicates that I'll "probably" want
to copy the CFLAGS and NOPROFILE
lines from default and to examine the other
definitions and decide if they are relevant.

Uh, since I barely know what I'm doing,
maybe you guys could just tell me what's
actually relevant? I do develop embedded
systems with small micros, so I'm familiar with
the concepts of compile, link etc, just not the
specifics of regarding FreeBSD/buildworld.

I'm assuming that there is a standard set of
settings for buildworld so my system will be
like everyone else's.

Thanks, Cla