Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 1997 09:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's the daemon chasing?

In article <199709011004.DAA06818.kithrup.freebsd.chat@implode.root.com> you write:
>   There are at least two different interpretations:
>1) A giant sperm cell. *Why* he would wish to do this is unknown.

It's amazing how many people guess that.  I know *I* did.  You could get
into all sorts of hidden symbolisms, since Kirk is gay, but I think it
unlikely ;).

Officially, it's an orb that is moving very quickly, thus leaving a trail.

Why the orb's there, I dunno.  Probably represents the fact that BSD was no
longer dependent on AT&T licenses, and thus was searching for its own little
logo (with the AT&T deathstar and Novell deathsquare and now SCO
deathtree-over-looking-bay being the other side, of course).