Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 21:14:54 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, softweyr@xmission.com
Subject:   Re: Support for secure http protocols

[ Restricted to -chat like the original author asked ]

> Ssh and sshd are already universal in the unix world, and the Wintel
> variant (F-Secure) is reasonably priced.

And doesn't have nearly the necessary features, is unstable, and due to
port forwarding is a *huge* security risk unless the system
administrator has set things up securely.

SSH is a *GREAT* solution for many things, but for secure HTTP stuff I
don't think it's a very good solution.

Nate