Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: *** HEAD'S UP ***

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, JJ Behrens wrote:

> I strongly disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement :))  Citing
> /etc/defaults/rc.conf once more:
>
> # The ${rc_conf_files} files should only contain values which override
> # values set in this file.

	The comment exists because some people with commit privileges to
this file have different ideas as to how it should be used. If you want to
blindly trust your system to changing winds of fortune, that's your right.
Personally, I don't recommend it.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?