Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:35:18 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RFC: remove xten from the base system?

This commit reminds me ... why are we still carrying the xten stuff
around?  I thought there might have been a thread on this in the
relatively recent past, but a quick search of -arch and -hackers didn't
turn anything up.

It appears to me that this code hasn't really been maintained since
1997 [1]. Moreoever, it isn't really the kind of software that one
expects to be tied into the base system.

Comments on its removal?  Assuming anyone is actually interested in
the code, it can be moved to the Ports Collection.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                 http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos

[1] Actually, there seems to have been some fixes to signal handling
    in the daemon in 2001, `Reviewed by: [...] maintainer's silence'.