Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:14:07 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, developers@FreeBSD.ORG, core@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 10:46:25PM +0700, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> Hi!
>
> That all is gloomy.
>
> Matt Dillon helped me and other users many times,
> he had solved numerous issues including kernel panics,
> his responces to PRs were quick and qualitative.
> I have to note, his deal with users was quite polite.
> Not to mention his skills and contribution to the project.
>
> I ask the core to rethink its decision and return commit bits
> to Matt Dillon. Perhaps, after some period of time and with
> some kind of conditions, but please do not miss this developer.

I suggest you go out and do some more research on the matter.

It is not that Matt has not provided help to a lot of us (including
your's truly BTW). And I appreciate he helped me, no doubt there.
His technical skill is also not what is under debate here.

It is the fact that Matt has a history of repeated abusive
behavior to his fellow committers brought core to this decision.
It might be interesting to know that Matt has lost his commit
bit before, temporarily in that case.

Wilko