Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:12:20 -0800
From:      Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        "David J. Weller-Fahy" <dave-lists-freebsd-newbies@weller-fahy.com>
Subject:   Re: Time to shut down this list?

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 01:48 am, "David J. Weller-Fahy"
<dave-lists-freebsd-newbies@weller-fahy.com> wrote:
> * Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com> [2004-12-28 09:20 +0100]:
> > "freebsd-questions

OK, once again that's supposed to be -newbies, but you knew that ...
man, not proofreading my email ...

> > is a general discussion forum for new FreeBSD users
> > to share their experiences and to help each other with non-technical
> > issues. It is not a technical help or support list. See:
> > http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/ "
>
> What about:
>
> Please use this list for general problem solving, sharing ideas, and
> moral support. Take specific technical issues to freebsd-questions.
>
> Most of that's from the charter.

Personally, I like that better than mine. I think that pretty much says
everything. Maybe "technical support issues," although that might be
redundant. One nitpicky thing - although punctuation rules say it's
technically correct to use a comma before the last item in a series,
that is archaic usage, and the most commonly accepted modern rule is to
leave it off. So, it would be better as: "... problem solving, sharing
ideas and moral support." It's not that big of a deal, but it's better
to use accepted punctuation rules, and, besides, if it ends up the
other way it's going to drive me crazy. Sorry, but I was raised by a
mom who's an English teacher ...

- jt