Date:      Sat, 08 May 1999 15:58:05 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: somebody has broken sysctlbyname() in -current

Peter Wemm wrote:

> It's interesting that the ANSI emulation in loader(8) is good enough to do
> full-screen displays.  It still seems to make sense to move userconfig-like
> functionality into the pre-kernel stages including moving config(8)'s hints
> to a loaded and parsed file.  Forth, bah.. :-]

I recall saying once I'd do it once people decided they wanted it.
The disadvantage of anything written in Forth is that not many
people can then maintain the code. But, then again, there is some
code around written in C that no one *wants* to maintain (a certain
installation program comes to mind... :)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Proof of Trotsky's farsightedness if that _none_ of his
predictions have come true yet."