Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:07:02 +0100
From:      User Gandalf <gandalf@messias.qhigh.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Create more dsp and mixer devices

 Hello,

The gaim instant messenger has support for three sound devices: ESD,
Arts and using a command. I'm not sure what 'ESD' means. Is it the
'esound' package? (Enlightment sound daemon.) Somewhere I read that
FreeBSD can do the same (e.g. sharing one audio device to multiple
programs). Can you point me to a documentation where I can read more
about this? I would like to know if it is worth to install esound. What
other options do I have if I want to use gaim with sounds?

Thanks,

   Les