Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:17:53 +0200
From:      "Reinis Ivanovs" <dabas@untu.ms>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wireless losing connection periodically

hello,

I've noticed that my wireless connection tends to drop once in a while
and only restores itself after a relatively longish period. I'm
dealing with it now by connecting a laptop by wire (the box doesn't
have a screen or a keyboard) and running "/etc/rc.d/netif restart
ral0", but that's a bother. googling didn't bring up any useful
results, so I'm wondering, what are the best ways to mitigate or fix
this (aside from using a wire)? I'm considering writing a simple
script that'd constantly ping my router and restart the wlan interface
if it stops responding, but perhaps there's something pre-made or more
simple than that available?

cheers,
reinis

--