Date:      07 Feb 2000 11:35:42 -0600
From:      rand@meridian-enviro.com (Douglas K. Rand)
To:        "brian j. peterson" <rbw@myplace.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a little help with Compaq Fortran

** brian j peterson <rbw@myplace.org> on Sat, 5 Feb 2000 11:13:40 -0700 (MST)
** in [Re: a little help with Compaq Fortran] writes:

brian> anyway, do you think it would be easier to get Compaq to port
brian> their Fortran compiler to FreeBSD/alpha instead?

I've asked them this question already, they said:

** Steven Lionel <Steve.Lionel@compaq.com> on Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:40:30 -0500
** in [Re: FreeBSD] writes:

Steven> Thank you for your interest in Compaq's Fortran products.

Steven> I'm sorry to say that we have no plans to offer our Fortran
Steven> compiler for FreeBSD.

I sent my request to fortran@compaq.com.  Maybe if more people asked
they might take up the cause.

All of our Intel systems run FreeBSD, but our Alphas run Digital Unix,
er, OSF/1, er, True64 UNIX.  :) We need a good FORTRAN90 compiler to
run weather models (mm5 and arps) on the Alphas. Right now the only
choices are True64 or Linux.   Sigh.