Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:04:45 +0100
From:      Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mininal skills

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 22:54, Brandon Helsley
<brandon.helsley@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've searched around FreeBSD documentation and have found that most of th=
e contributions require at least minimal programming skills. My question is=
 whether or not there is anything I can contribute or maintain for freebsd =
without any skills. What direction should I take my education if I wish to =
be able to maintain a port. Is c++ programming required? What else is requi=
red?

You have posted a few similar threads on this subject but:

> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.

Are you actually using FreeBSD? Before even thinking of contributing,
why don't you give yourself 1 or 2 years of solid use of the operating
system? Install, uninstall, break, fix, reinstall, configure. You can
do this in a VM first and then maybe on real hardware. You don't go
from n00b to developer in one day.

--
Ottavio Caruso