Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 2015 09:09:56 +0200
From:      "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.2 RC2 under Windows 10 Hyper-V

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 2:59 AM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 3:40 AM, C. L. Martinez <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  Is it needed to install some components from ports in a FreeBSD 10.2
>> RC2 guest under Windows 10 Hyper-V??
>>
>>  I am doing some tests and at this stage I have problems with my pf
>> rules (they are working without problems in another FreeBSD 10.2 RC2
>> guest under KVM).
>>

> might want to explain the issue a bit further, like what kind of problem..
> im running 10.2 under hyper-v and not seeing any issues

Sure, no problems. I am sure that my pf rules are ok, because I use
them in several FreeBSD 10.x installs.

Testing with a simple rule set like this:

scrub log on $ExtIf all reassemble tcp fragment reassemble
nat on $ExtIf from $IntIf:network to any -> ($ExtIf)
pass all

ICMP proto works without problems. But UDP and TCP connections, fails.
I can see how traffic flows in this FreeBSD vm acting as a firewall
(using tcpdump), but connections aren't returned.

I have tried to disable tso, tx and rx checksum, etc without luck.

This FreeBSD vm is created as Gen1 hyper-v guest. I don't know if it
can Works as Gen2. But configuring another vm inside this Hyper-V
using Debian, iptables works without problems for all protocols.

Any idea?