Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:19:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ATA driver and crash dumps

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Christopher Masto wrote:
> > My machine panicked today for the first time since switching to the
> > new ATA drivers, and I noticed that I no longer have crash dumps.
> > Is this something that is expected to be put back in soon?
> >=20
> > I know S=F8ren's a busy guy, and I'm glad we have the results of his
> > work.  I just hope the old drivers don't get killed off until the
> > replacement has the same functionality.
> >=20
> > Then again, wddump() is only 100 lines of code, so I should probably
> > try to fix it myself before whining.
>=20
> I know :), it has just not been done yet. It will be done eventually
> but I have other areas in the driver I want finish first.

This and atapi-fd not working are the only hang-ups I have with using ATA.
Heck, the benefits even outweigh that since my new UDMA2 hard drive is only
supported with your wonderful new ATA drivers, not wd! The Aladdin support
works great.
   Is there any way I can help in getting the atapi-fd driver to work with
LS-120's?

>=20
> Also the old wd driver will probably not be killed off entirely, as=20
> its the only one we have that support old ST506/ESDI drives.
>=20
> -S=F8ren
>=20
>=20
>=20

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___ =20
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \=20
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/=20