Date:      Fri, 05 Feb 1999 15:43:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, Hudson@xwin.nmhtech.com, Laura <Laura.Hudson@Schwab.COM>
Subject:   Re: Is there a reseller program?

On 05-Feb-99 My Secret Spies Reported That Gregory Sutter  wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 07:05:46PM -0500, Hudson, Laura wrote:
>>
>> Of course, before we attack the NT market, we also need to make FreeBSD
>> easier for the average newbie.  How many times recently have you heard "I
>> just installed FreeBSD, why doesn't my sound card work, d00d?!???!?!"
>
> Speaking of this, I just installed Free BDS, and now my MicroWare
> UltraPixel 243 card doesn't work.  It was fine under Microsoft.  What
> did you do to break my computer?

 *LOL*

 I invite everyone here to join Josef Grosch and myself on a few installa-thons
for some similiar experiences. I would love to have a few programmers there to
experience the true needs of the "comman people" who want to get rid of MS but
don't want another hobby.

 I have to explain that FreeBSD is great, but there *IS* a learning curve.
 But lets face it, do we really want to run our servers on something for the
desktop? If we really want that market, we need a FreeBSD-desktop version. IMHO.

 BTW: on a side note.
 At the last installa-thon the Linux group was advertised, but not there. After
a dozen of so people asked my girlfriend where the Linux people were, she told
one person that "their server crashed so they could'nt make it, would you like
to try FreeBSD instead?" Looking like a cat stunned in oncomming headlights
they turned around and left.

  Nicole

> Greg
> --
> Gregory S. Sutter                     Madness takes its toll.
> mailto:gsutter@pobox.com              Please have exact change.
> http://www.pobox.com/~gsutter/
> PGP DSS public key 0x40AE3052

          nicole@nmhtech.com | http://www.webweaver.net/