Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 20:59:02 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   libcrypto

I just finished updating 3 systems to FreeBSD 4.3-Release.  The first
was via cvsup from 4.2-Release.  The second was an update
installation from CD to a 3.5-Stable system, and the third was an
update from CD to I don't remember what version.

I use the first system as the source master.  I build kernels etc for
all on that machie and NFS mount to install on the others.  That part
seems to work fine.  However, one of the ports fails to install when
on some of the machines it can't find libcrypto.so.1.  Looking at the
crypto libs, the first machine only has libcrypto.so.1.  The second
machine only has libcrypto.so.2, and the third has both.  There is no
indication that the 2 .1 files are the same.  They have different
sizes.  Same with the .2 files.

Recompiling the port on each machine works of course.  However, I
would like to be able to compile them on the first machine and then
just install on the others.
--
-- Doug