Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 1997 09:14:36 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-current users), rlb@mindspring.com (Ron Bolin)
Subject:   Re: CVSUP RELENG_2_2 Question

At 9:37 AM -0500 4/5/97, J Wunsch wrote:
>As Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
>
>> No. You have the correct tag for the 2.2 tree.
>> However, it is likely that the current ipfilter stuff has not
>> been placed in that tree yet.
>
>Indeed.
>
>I've considered to merge it into 2.2, but eventually gave up.  It was
>(and IMHO still is) in a defunct state

[...]

>Once these points are fixed (which requires someone who's got a clue
>about how ipfilter is working, and who can test it -- thus not me),
>ipfilter can be tagged/merged into RELENG_2_2 as well.

Note that, IMHO, this is as it should be. All of us who clammor that
it is too early to really kill the 2.1 branch will have even more
ammunition if things were still going into the 2.2 branch "before they are
ready". The head branch is the development ground. If things are not
quite right there, it is understood. However, the other branches
should be protected from such problems.