Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 10:44:15 +0000
From:      "Sysadmin" <guy@orbonline.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding new Harddisks

I have been trying unsuccessfully to add 2 more SCSI drives to a new
FreeBSD 2.0.5 installation. I must admit I'm somewhat confused by the
steps required. I have been searching for any info on the subject and
have found nothing. I have managed to get a filesystem created on the
new drives, but get a message in the syslog about there being no
label on the drive whenever I mount it.

Is there a faq somewhere that includes the addition of drives
(including the disktab stuff)? The handbook has a section on this but
it is unfinished. Any help or direction that you can provide is
greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis Cartier
guy@orbonline.net